If you have finally decided to build a patio, the next thing you have to do is look for a professional who can help you with your home improvement project. Check different websites that list garden designers and landscape architects. Talk to your neighbours and friends as well. Invite them over to your house to provide you with ideas as well as estimates on the costs of the project. They commonly use this for free but you will be asked to pay for anything that goes beyond consultation like drawing up plans or listing materials.
A professional will provide you the ideas that you may not have thought of on your own. For instance, they can take into account your home’s architecture, where windows and doors are placed, and what you have to avoid. Hiring a professional is much like hiring an employee. You need to meet several candidates before you choose the one that you think is best for the home remodeling job. Listen and follow your instincts. If you think the person is inexperienced or vague, find another one. It is not recommended to choose the lowest price. Just like all the other purchases you have made, you will get your money’s worth.
Don’t forget to ask for references before you start hiring a patio builder or designer. According to the National Association Of The Remodelling Industry, there are some questions you have to ask before hiring a pro to build your patio.
Questions To Ask When Hiring A Pro For Your Home Improvement Project
- When do you plan to start?
- What is the completion date?
- What time will your work day start?
- What time will your work day end?
- Can you finish the project before (major holiday or important family event)?
- How much do I have to pay per square foot?
- How long have you been offering your services?
- Will you be assigning a project supervisor? Who will it be?
- Who will work on my project? Are they your employees or subcontractors?
- Do you have a workers compensation and liability insurance? Whatever his answer is, you should double check and ask the insurance agency for confirmation.
- What is your approach for this kind of Myrtle Beach home improvement project?
- Can you provide me with a list of references
- How many projects similar to this have you worked on?
- Can you provide me with a list of suppliers or business referrals?
- What percentage of your business is referral or repeat business?
- Do you join a national trade association?
If you are thinking of building a patio, call Keystone General Contracting. Our team is always ready to assist you.
Keystone General Contracting
Myrtle Beach, SC